Monday 31 October 2011

Summer Weekends

Hey there you guys,

Another weekend has come and gone and one that I will also document as a good weekend. Yes, I was a bit busy throughout the weekend and I have a few people that are really upset with me because I couldn't exactly spend time with them. All I can say to all of you guys is that I'm truly sorry. In life we all have what is called priorities and I had to prioritise a few things before I could spend time with you guys. Save all those "belated birthday drinks" for some other time guys. I'm sorry once again.

That said though, it doesn't take away the fact that I had a good time. On Friday I kicked off the weekend by having drinks with a few friends at the Green & Gold in Constantia Kloof. When it started raining, I decided to call it quits and head for the hood. My next stop was Waxmus' House Of Wax Sessions at Mmabutho's in Chiawelo. Even though the hommie Wax was a bit under the weather, he still managed to pull a nice session. Big up hommie. Hope you're feeling much better. Later I went to DiSofeng to check out my KayB's Foam Party. What a party. I honestly didn't think there'd be foam there (judging by the weather) but I got there and found foam all over. Katt, Kay-B, my boy Sai, you guys were really on a mission to get me drunk with all the Tecquilla shots hey. Every second person I hugged was wet from the foam. Good to see that we still have people that still party hard out there. Big up Kay-B, you had a killer party my man. Saturday was meant to be a big one for me but I had so much to do. It didn't help that the guys that had booked me for the Bowtie & Stilletto party decided to cancel me on the last minute. Guys, a simple lesson when it comes to running events, always keep your stakeholders at bay with everything that happens with your events. The lack of professionalism really put me off and I can say that I'll be able to work with you guys in the near future. Please get your house in order. Later I went to my second gig for the day, The Soweto Beer Festival. Wow!!! Big up to the organisers of this event. Everything was on point. The professionalism, the hospitality...everything. Eventhough the weather wanted to spoil the event, I was happy to see people dancing in the rain. The point was to have fun, and boy did the guys have fun.

I ended up playing a one-on-one set with my man Claude, and we both enjoyed it to the core. Pity we couldn't play for long. Thank you to all of you that came. Thank you to all of you that came to say "what's up" to me. It meant quite a lot.

Sunday was a day for relaxation. I was supposed to play at DJ Mbuso's CD Launch at Joe's in Alex but that fell through as well. I didn't complain though cause I really needed the rest. This weekend sees my boy DJ Jiyane celebrate his birthday. You know I'm gonna have a lot to say about that. It promises to be a killer party. Why don't you come and join us. I'll be giving you more info about that party later in the week. For now, I'd like to wish all of you a blessed week. Check me out during my escapades in the weekend with my boys...


Piece and love guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment