Tuesday 8 November 2011

The Countdown Has Begun

Hi guys,

Let me start by apologising for sending this blog so late. Things have been really crazy on my side of the world. Let me quickly take you back to my weekend. Not much happened on Friday but it was good catching up with two old friends for a drink...ok, it was beer...hahahahaha. Not much though. I had an early night. Saturday was also a day for chores during the day but then night time came and my boy DJ Jiyane was turning a year older. What a beautiful party the boy had. It was at the Steakhouse in Mofolo and I must say, the turn out was great. When I got there, my main man Big Daddy Mdoo was on the one's and two's. I only caught the last 30 minutes of his set but boy I have to say, I was blown away. Then the performance we were all waiting for; Zano!!! Oh the ladies were screaming...and the birthday boy had his hands in the air as well and singing along...yes, Jiyane was singing along to Zano's tunes. I was standing in the corner...singing along as well. Super performance from Zano. Immediately after that, my boy Zakes TruSole came on. IYOOOOO, what a deep and soulful set. I was really blown away. As per usual, the "spirit" possessed Zakes, and he really did his thing on the decks. I was even afraid of playing after him cause he had the crowd eating from the palm of his hands. The birthday boy's hands were really itching, and he opted to play a one-on-one set with me. What a fun set that was. We really had fun...and I believe the crowd did as well. On the whole, it was really a beautiful party that my man had on Saturday and big up everybody that came to support.

I was slightly disappointed by a few incidents that took place at the door. I fail to understand why people can't just support without wanting to cause havoc. I was happy however to see the guys sort their beef out quickly. On the whole, a very nice party. On Sunday, I had to wake up very early to do the 10km Soweto Marathon. Let me be honest, I was really unfit this year. Even as I write this blog, my muscles are still stiff from Sunday's run. I did however manage to finish the race. Shout out to Tirana and Andries. You guys kept me going even when I felt I couldn't do it anymore. I GOT MY MEDAL!!! Whoo hooo!!! I did spend the rest of the afternoon sleeping though...hahahaha.

Guys we are counting the days till the release of the loooooooong awaited Sai & Ribatone's "Here & Now" cd. 11 NOVEMBER 2011 is the official release date of this beautiful cd. I'm very privilaged because I had the opportunity of listening to the "finished" product and let me tell you, this is one cd you need to have in your collection. Get the Sai & Ribatone -  Here & Now this Friday guys. You will not regret it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment