Monday 14 November 2011

The Heat Wave!!!

Guys,

Global Warming is no joke!!! The days are getting hotter. Unfortunately, this does not only affect our planet, but it affects our bodies as well. We all get unreasonably tired due to the heat and that affects our sleeping patterns as well. We really need to take this issue seriously guys. Do your best to make sure that you are informed and find out what you can do to make sure you play your role at ensuring that you save the planet. It's not looking good guys.

Anyway, the weekend has come and gone. Nothing much happened on Friday. On Saturday, I witnessed my lovely 5 year old niece graduate from creche (or kindergarten as most of you like to call it). T'was really nice to hang out with the little one's. I have to admit, we really don't give those in the teaching profession the respect that they deserve. The time, effort and attention they give to our children really deserves much applaud. Not only that, I think their salary structure needs to be re-visited. I mean, it was only yesterday that this little girl couldn't even pronounce her own name properly. Through hard work, dedication and attention that these teachers gave her; not only can she say her name but can also write her name now. Much respect to all the teachers out there.

Later that day, I had to go play at the Big Sky and Bhutz Tunz's Noma Yini gig that took place at the Rockerfella Lounge. The gig started off slowly. At some point I was even panicking, thinking that it would not be as full, but to my surprise, as soon as I finished my set, I could already see people coming in. I then went to check out my man QT's birthday party at MeLi's Pub in Pimville. When I got there, the party was already blazing. Fistaz was on the decks. A huge turnout that was. It was good seeing "old" faces as well. Shout out to DJ's Mavusana, Funky Lemon, Bilal and Khotso. It was good "catching up" with all of you boys. I then made my way back to Rockerfella. By the time I got back, the party was blazing. T4 and Big Sky were burning it up on the decks. I have to admit, the boys lived up to the theme. It really was "Noma Yini". We were jamming to anything from the Notorious B.I.G. to Stimela. I really liked that. I didn't know that so many of you could relate to most of the songs that were being played. Much love and respect to Bhutz and Big Sky. Good party gents.

This weekend will see another Soulful Kollective Night at Rockerfella guys. Keep your ear to the ground for more information about it.

Apologies to those of you that couldn't find the Sai & Ribatone cd over the weekend guys. There were some issues with the distribution of the cd. It was only available at selected music shops. The issue should be sorted out tomorrow. By Wednesday, you should be able to walk into most cd shops and get it. If you still can't get it at you local shop, please place an order guys.

Let's all have a productive week guys. Chat later...

No comments:

Post a Comment