Monday 21 November 2011

We Party Hard

Hey you beautiful people,

I'm on super nostalgia as I type this. I'm listening to Keith Murray's first album; "The Most Beautifullest Thing In The World". What a super album this is. I say this again, hip hop will never get back to the 1991 - 1997 era. Those were the best years for hip hop. The creativity, lyrical content and overall love for the culture was on some tip. Shout out to the Green-Eye'd Bandit Erick Sermon for discovering the talents of Redman and Keith Murray. 

Anyway, before I get carried away, another weekend has come and past. On Friday I did not get up to much. On Saturday however, the Soulful Kollective had an interview at Rhythm100. Shout out to my girls Miss Pru and DJ Sue. You girls have a beautiful show. Everything was planned to the tee. Yes, I arrived late for the interview, but damn man, we had fun hangin' out with the ladies of house. I see a great future in you guys. Thank you for a killer interview. Later we moved to Rockerfella for what was meant to have been the last Soulful Kollective Night for 2011. Bhuts Tunz kicked off the night. The one thing I like about dj's of his calibre is the level of perfectionism. I spoke to him and he complained about not being happy with his set. Well, it was a different case on my end. I thought the man had a beautiful set. My boy Kay-B was up next. As always, my man represented and blazed some killer local house tunes. I have to confess, I didn't know most of the songs he played but damn they sounded so good. And yes, they were mostly local tunes. Killer set my brother. DJ Sue was up next. What a soulful sister this dj is. She played some killer soulful house tunes. It was nice to hear her play one of her own songs. Damn, this girl can sing!!! Unfortunately Big Daddy Mdoo couldn't make it for the Soulful Kollective Night however, he asked Zakes TruSole to play on his behalf. My crazy friend really represented on the one's and two's. I have to say though, Zakes is trully one of thee most underrated dj's we have in South Africa. Closing the night off was the Soulful Kollective. We decided to have a two-hour one-on-one-one set with the guys. We really had fun. It really was one of the most beautiful Soulful Kollective Nights we've had this year....and yes, this time, I remember everything I got up to...hahahahahahaha. Shout out to each and everyone of you that made it on Saturday. We really appreciate the support you guys are giving us.

The Sai & Ribatone cd is now available guys. It seems like all the distribution issues have now been resolved. So guys, go out in your numbers and get this beautiful cd. This coming Wednesday, you can catch me doing my thing on the one's and two's on one of the world's best deep house radio stations, QH Radio between 15:00 - 16:00pm. Log on to www.qhradio.nl and check me out.

With that said guys, y'all have a beautiful week ahead. I think I ought to hook you guys up with a nice mix just as a "thank you" for following my blog. Thank you for the support guys. Please spread the word.

1 comment: