Monday 12 December 2011

Giving Back

Hey you guys,

The past week has been filled with nothing but mixed emotions for me and a few other friends. DJ Leeby's memorial service had a huge turn out. The man was really loved. Once again, rest in peace Leeby. We then got more bad news about another dj that's been in accident. The lovely Y-Me was in an accident on Thursday (08 December 2011). She is in a critical condition in hospital and I pray for her speedy recovery. Please can you take care of yourselves over this festive season guys. We really can't afford to be losing more lives now. Let's not be reckless on the roads. Remember that when you drive, you're not just driving for yourself, you are driving for all the other drivers around you. Be extra vigilant when you're behind the steering wheel.

On Saturday, I attended a very informative music workshop organised by dO iT nOw Recordings at Shikisha in Newtown. The Summer Music Workshop started at 10am and ended at 4pm. What an informative session this was. All the speakers were well informed and we all learnt valuable lessons from this session. Much respect goes out to dO iT nOw for this workshop. Eventhough this was their first workshop, the effort they put into this session was quite phenominal. Special shoutout to Bella, Soul Thabi, Bossruu and 2lani The Warrior. Good job guys. After this session, I headed to Godfrey Moloi's Mansion at Protea Glen for the BBM Picnic, alongside my boy DJ Jiyane. I have to say, the weather spoiled it for everyone on Saturday. One could tell that if the weather had behaved, this would've been one good party. We did however still managed to have fun. I had a one-on-one set with DJ Jiyane and it was really nice. The night was young; Jiyane and myself still wanted to have fun. We then headed to the Rockerfella Lounge for the Noma Yini gig. Oh my goodness!!! This was one killer party. Big up to my boys Big Sky and Bhutz Tunz for a killer party. It was nice to see most of the guys living up to the theme of the party. I saw girls dressed up in their nighties, a pantsula Santa Claus, a lobola negotiator....and of course, the music. I got so caught up in the moment that I really had the urge to play. I don't normally don't this, but because of the fun, I gatecrashed a set. On the whole, this was a killer party. Well done boys.

We are approaching another long weekend guys. As I indicated earlier, we can't afford to have more accidents over the weekend. Please be extra vigilant on the roads and let us try to refrain from drinking and driving. We are hosting our last Soulful Kollective Night on Saturday (17 December) and we have a sweet dj line up. I will send more details on this gig and all the other gigs I will be playing at later this week.

Until then guys, let's all have another productive week.

One Love.

1 comment: