Monday 9 January 2012

Happy 2012!!!

Hello everybody,

Happy new year everyone!!! I hope the festive season was good for all of you. Eventhough I was working the entire December, I still managed to have a good time with friends and family. I hope you did the same. So often we tend to forget what the holiday season is about and end up spending it with people that don't really matter in our lives. I hope 2012 is a good year for all of us. I'm not even going to entertain the whole new year resolutions and staff. If you've made them, stick to them. If not, hey, life goes one. I do however hope that you've set realistc goals and will be doing your ultimate best to achieve them.

A big shoutout to each and everyone of you that booked me for your events during December. All of them were on point and I hope I did not disappoint you as well. Let's hope the relationships will continue in 2012 as well. My first Saturday for 2012 was really a good one. I checked out The Warm Up Sessions in downtown Johannesburg. Whoever said that downtown Jozi was dead obviously hasn't been to these sessions. I have unfortunately missed the first three sessions but this one really was on point. Shoutout to Phat Jack, 2lani The Warrior, Kid Fonque, Till Von Sein and everyone behind these sessions. You guys really made my Saturday. I got there in the afternoon and already the party was on fire. The rain didn't spoil the fun. My man 2lani The Warrior was about to hit the decks when I got there and as always, the man didn't disappoint. He got everyone dancing with some seriously deep house tunes. Kid Fonque was up next and this man just took the party to the next level. The boy's got soul no doubt. He had an amazing set as well. Watching the sun go down from the concrete jungle while listening to some funky house music is an experience that one never forgets.



The night was young. 2lani and myself still wanted to party. We then went to Bryanston to check out Benny's party. Very nice, secluded location. An intimate set up is what awaited us. The weather was beautiful and the people were just nice and chilled. We got to hang out with some old faces while sipping on whisky and got to have good conversation with everyone there. The environment was so nice that we even lost track of time. Next thing we knew, we had the employees of the venue informing us that the venue was closed and we were the last people there. A big shoutout to Benny. Nice party my man.

Guys, plans are underway to make sure that 2012 really is a good year. I have big plans and you are all gonna be a part of those plans. So keep your ear to ground...or better yet, check out the blog and you will be in the loop with all that I have planned... FOR YOU!!!

Here's to a good year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment